Followers

Pages

Monday, January 22, 2018

How to "Lesson Plan"

ASSALAMUALAIKUM W.B.T

Hello guys,
At the beginning of every year, every teacher in Malaysia are busy preparing their personal file, yearly lesson plan, etc.

And I am no exception for these matters. But the one that interest me the most is the daily lesson plan. Why did you say? simply because it is differ on how one make the daily lesson plan from one teacher to another (I will refer this lesson plan as RPH later on).
So, I will share with you guys on how I made one of these RPH.



First, I will refer the Yearly Lesson Plan (RPT).
That's how I get the idea on what I have to teach for this particular week and not necessarily i will abide it precisely. It depends on your student's level of intelligence. the objectives for the lesson is vary for differ class (on what you expect your student to achieve).

When i have the rough Idea on what to teach in the week.
I will imagine myself to be in a class.
Standing in front of the student, and thinking deeply, what kind of introduction that interest my student the most (as how I am interest on the subject : Science) and then I'm imagining deeper on the time flow and the situations of the whole class when I'm teaching in front.(class control, introduction of the lesson, main lesson, etc)

Next, I'm start thinking, are the time provided is enough? do I have ample time to make some activity? What kind of questions are suitable for my students? What kind of possible questions that my student may or may not ask (later I can ask my student if they don't ask me about it though)? How to make my class interest all the time? and many more.

But, there is certain Pray (Doa) that I practice every time my class begin and it is A Doa from nabi Musa met the pharaoh. 


There is one day, where my students are really out of control at the beginning of my class (just right after the greetings) they were talking like they never met. and then, I change my plan of "Introduction about science" into the "introduction of why I read this Doa".

I ask my students, do they knew about the Doa I recite before I start teaching? and I am not even surprise that they didn't knew. I said "This is a Doa by Nabi Musa right before he met Pharaoh, Nabi Musa was nervous and anxious on meeting the ruler who claiming himself to be a GOD, can you imagine that you were called by the Sultan, you must be shaking meeting the Sultan right? and my dear, that is why I read this doa..I read this Doa because I'm not facing a Pharaoh, but there was much Pharaoh right now in front of me" and the class went silent and I continue my lesson for the day.

Oh, and that is how a mere teacher like me planning on the lesson plan. I'm humbly admit, I'm still new as a teacher, but I will try to improve myself in the future.

So, how you guys teach? how do you guys plan to teach? Please do share =)

DESPEDIDA MATE
  

No comments: